Kyoto has so much great food and architecture. It’s infinitely walkable but also has great transit options. We were there in January, and the weather was clear (though cold!). There are so many great things to check out every day, and the whole city is clean, safe and orderly, with very kind people.
More from Caterina’s travels
Recommendations from Caterina
- Small restaurants, stalls or markets
- Sushi in the market
- Sapporo and any type of sake you get near
- Participate in a tea ceremony.
- Visit Torii Gates at the Fushimi Inari Shrine.
- Stroll the Philosopher’s Path.
- Go to the Silver Pavillion and Golden Pavillion.
- Check out the Nanzen-Ji temple and a bamboo grove (there are a few to choose from, with Arashiyama being the most well-known and crowded these days)