San Diego is a great place to visit, especially with young children. The Gaslamp Quarter is in the heart of the city, and there’s always something to do – with or without the kids. From downtown, you can take a train to Los Angeles or to Disneyland.
More from Nicole’s travels
Recommendations from Nicole
- Sofia Hotel – Great location next to the Gaslamp Quarter.
- The Gaslamp Quarter is home to some of the best restaurants in San Diego.
- USS Midway Museum – This museum is in a vintage Navy aircraft carrier in the San Diego harbour. It was once the biggest ship ever commissioned in the world until 1955.
- Children’s Discovery Museum – Located downtown, this museum provides creative, imaginative art experiences for children and families.
- San Diego Zoo and Wildlife Alliance – There’s lots to see and do here, so prepare to spend anywhere from 3 to 4 hours. There is also the San Diego Safari if you feel adventurous.