Seattle is the perfect weekend getaway! It’s not that far to travel to, and there’s so much to experience there – everything from the coffee, the food and the amazing views. (Plus, if you’re a big Grey’s Anatomy or Sleepless in Seattle fan, you gotta go.)
More from Danielle’s travels
Recommendations from Danielle
- Hotel Max – It’s a nice central location for visiting the main touristy attractions.
Umi Sake House – It gets busy here, so make sure to make a reso before hand. The sushi is amazing and even better if you go for their happy hour!
GO bananas banana stand – If you love bananas as much as I do, you have to visit the GO bananas stand by The Spheres! It’s a community initiative, and they give away free bananas. How cool is that!
- Starbucks Reserve Roastery – You can’t go to Seattle and NOT see this. Order their flights of coffee so that you can try different coffee techniques and flavours. I’d recommend going here as a mid-day pick me up instead of first thing in the morning. I was overly caffeinated too early and it made for an interesting day 😂
- Deep Dive – Dark, rich and upscale speakeasy located in the base of The Spheres. If you’re into mocktails, the Road Less Traveled is super tasty and complex.
- Pike Place Market (of course) – See Seattle’s beautiful skyline from Kerry Park (make sure to go early).
- Walk around the University of Washington campus.