My partner Dan and I love getting out to Invermere for a weekend. In the summer, we like to hit up the golf courses; in the winter, we enjoy exploring the town and skating on the lake. The people are friendly, and there are lots of awesome local places to grab food, drinks or coffee. Invermere also holds a special place in my heart because it’s where we got engaged in 2021!
More from Carmen’s travels
Recommendations from Carmen
- Copper Point Resort – We love the amenities here (pool, hot tubs and the best bathrobes). They also have suites with full kitchens we’ve shared with friends. It’s about a three-minute drive from downtown, but we think it’s worth it!
- Ullr Bar – This viking-themed bar has the best fried chicken bowl (trust me on this one)
- Fubuki Sushi for awesome fresh rolls
- Ullr Bar for cocktails
- Arrowhead Brewery for beer
- Kicking Horse Coffee for your morning cup
- In winter – Skate Invermere lake (they maintain the path with the zamboni!).
- In summer – Check out Copper Point golf course. Grey Wolf is beautiful, but tough. I prefer a drink on their patio!
- Explore the shops – My favourite is Her Public!